Originally Posted by Anonymous
If a school is very bad at lacrosse and there is a standout player who wants to go somewhere for lacrosse but won't be recognized because he plays with bad people who make him look bad do you think he should transfer to a catholic school? Really would be helpful to answer.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to take a guess that you are the
"standout player" on a "bad team".

I would recommend you speak with your parents and coach if possible. Are you on a club team? If so ask your coach there as well thes question about transferring. Ask him if he thinks your skills are competitive enough to justify the cost of attending an expensive private school. The upside is that even if you don't playor start om the lacrosse team; you will have a greater chance to get into a great college if you keep a high GPA.

Many on this site would say that if you're a great player; some coach somewhere will find you and your HS coach should also be able to make a few contacts on your behalf. So continue to play your best no matter what. Most importantly; keep your grades as high as possible.

The two major Catholic schools are bursting at the seams with "stand out players"; many of whom wont really get a lot of field time.

You may transfer and fine out that your skills are equal to or less than or even greater than those who are already at the those schools.

Keep playing hard and keep studying even harder and ask your coaches and parent their opinions.

Good luck!