The debate of multi sport athletes is ridiculous. I was just making it clear what the coaches in college are looking at. It isn't solely about skills or individual sports. Quite simply when I had a choice between two equally talented players, one who was a two sport athlete and one a singleton athlete , I choose the two,sport athlete IF it was a sport I felt contributed to athleticism. The concept being that the two sport athlete is usually better ll around athlete developing muscle and muscle memory in greater depth then a single sport athlete. This is not hard to believe or comprehend. That is not to say that an athlete that played the single prt wasn't better than the multi sport but as a college coach you also need to project futures because your scholarship space is limited. It isn't an easy job but ask the d1 coaches what their feeling on it and the majority will encourage the multi sport athlete. I never recruited inner city basketball players becaus they didn't have the skill set I needed for the sport I coached nor did I go to Brazil to get soccer players. Even more insight is that the two sports must be related in some way developing certain skills. Individual sports like bowling or golf didn't translate but wrestling did it really isn't an exact science but a valid way to project athletes. To say a multi sport athlete isn't an advantage is contradicted be the rosters and bios of many many athletes in d1 programs in all sports.