Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any committed 2017 player or parent feeling stress over being under pressure to perform better this Spring...well, you're insecure, phony tough, soft and in for a bad ride ahead. I am not a former lacrosse player, but did play D1 in two sports at a Pac 10 school and made All-America in both. Not a humble brag or point about me...this is all on your kids and you.

Committing to a college and then swagging out in your future college shorts and sweatshirts amongst your club or high school teammates, and Twittering about "your team" that you won't be on campus to play on for years is pathetic. I'd whoop my boy back into shape pretty good for trying that one.

Train hard, compete hard, be a good teammate and be a good kid off the field. Oh, and by the way, those are the four things that will make you stand out to the college coaches who recruited you when you arrive. When you arrive, everyone WAS a good recruit, and that won't ever matter for anything ever again.

Stop being such a [lacrosse]. You're from New [lacrosse]. Start acting like it.

Talk about an overinflated know it all. Did you learn any reading comprehension at your PAC 10 school or were you just the ultimate jock?

Read the OP again: it asked if the 2017's in general (not specifically the committed ones) are feeling any pressure as a result of the recent commits in the 2017 class.

Normally these issues would have been encountered in the upper classman years. Being that slots are now going earlier; does then the non committed, high caliber 2017 player feel any added pressures to perform better in order to secure their position at the school(s) of their dreams?

Accurate comments please.