Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some predictable "yeah, but..." defensive posts by the LI Daddies who can't handle anything to the positive about someone else.

The Hill team roster likely did have a few 2014s who were postcards. I don't know...I didn't Google research their names to Summer tournaments to get their birth dates because I am not fron Long Island and I don't care. I do think it is reasonable to note to you that according to the game programs the Hill's starting attack are all 10th graders and they do have a few 9th graders fostered. Unlike the MD schools thry don't roster 45. I counted 26 Hill helmets. Approximately 1/3 of their roster are 2014s...held back or not I don't know.

There are valid criticisms of Maryland and I agree with them. My son is in 9th grade and he is 14 turning 15 in the final week of thks lacrosse season. He is in his proper grade, and in the interest of full disclosure his prep classmates who play lacrosse are ALL a year older and two of them are already 16. I concur with this board that the parents who drive this mentality are sissies and are raising sissies. End of my analysis. I don't call it cheating because there is no rule against it but do see it as a pathetic cop out to have your 16 year old out there with 14 year olds to choreograph an advantage. College coaches who fall for this are fools.

I do think it is unfair to pound down on Hill's remarkable Spring swing success this year and just say, well that's a PG school, because that is not correct.

I was told by a Hill parent who does have a PG kid there for one year that it was for academic reasons. Yes, I immediately thought that was B.S...but then I learned that in Canada you cannot go to public school in anything but your calendar year class by law. So even if you are remedial or flunking their system passes you through. The only exceptions are for valid health reasons...a rare instance where a kid was hospitalized for months out of school. Apparently one of the reasons is financial, they don't want to add to school crowding with back booked kids. Thr second reason was they did not want what we have in the US...kids restraining back a year to have an ice hockey advantage. In Canada that would be blasphemy.

If LI kids are so tough, why don't you schedule Hill? I am sure they'd love to play Chaminade and others. What are you so scared of, that a team with a few big bad PGs will beat you? Or the excuses getting harder to spin? A San Francisco team traveled cross country to almost beat Chaminade last year and all you guys could do is make excuses that the game was only close because some of the kids went to Disneyland on Spring Break the week before. Pathetic.

Chaminade and SA's are scared to play Hill. Hill would destroy both without question just like they did to all teams they played at the SWR tournament past fall.
You are missing teeth, and are covered in ink