Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do most of you actually realize these commitments mean very little. Yes these 9th grade students most who are 15 and younger have three more years left to play lacrosse or decide that today's dream college is tomorrow's after thought. These children really have limited ability to realize what this decision means for their future. Until the financial paperwork is submitted and accepted be the university both sides could opt out. There is way too much time for these children to mature , decide perhaps they don't want to play, god forbid get hurt, fail classes the variables are many. If any of you think that any commitment you get now is concrete you are naive. When the perceived better player gets an offer your child can be bumped. This is not speculation but reality. With that said I hope everyone gets the opportunity their offered but until that child is enrolled anything can happen.

You do hopefully realize how petty and absolutely jealous you sound.
Is the above statement something you've had to tell you uncommitted child as he cries himself to sleep for not living up to your expectations? You must rain down on every achievement your kid has made....."hey dad; I made varsity".....that means so little now go do your homework. "Dad; I'm going to be valedictorian and Stanford is giving me a full academic scholarship". Big deal; show me a paycheck with 7 digits to start.

What a wet blanket you are Debbie Downer Dad!!!