Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone confirm if Express tryouts had a big turnout yesterday? I heard not really.

over 100

The 2018 has close to 200 and the 2017 was some were around 150. After you count in the late arrivals. Lot of talent in the top 40 kids or so. Looks like a lot of the same kids from Terps and Treps Black. Dropped off after that.

2018 had about 100...not 200. 2017 had about 125. I agree about the top 40...scary good....

I am actually a little suprised to hear that as the Terps Black/Terps 2017s are no doubt talentted but did not have the greatest summer last year. The team was not in the conversation for one of the top 4-5 club nationally. Are they getting better kids for this fall/summer. Again, no question they are very talented, but so will 91, Turtles, etc.

The Terps had a great tournament at Lake Placid. Played very strong teams from an older division, went 4-1. They beat the Dukes several times ,Won the U maryland tournament and won the Indoor Nationals and beat everyone they played in the fall easily. No one put a whipping on them. The Crab Feast was played in 100 degree heat in games with 8 minute quarters so whoever got ahead won . So those losses dont count for much , as a matter of fact all the other so called great teams lost in that tournament as well. The problem on the express was not the kids on the team, it was the silly structure the team had which never allowed the kids to jell as a team.