Originally Posted by Anonymous
How big are the class sizes at those close to zero schools? I will pay 12k next year for my boy to attend a school that has an average class size of eleven. So I feel pretty good.

Went to a school like that myself- top notch education, but your top notch kids can get that from any of the great schools- public or private. We are very fortunate in LI to have top ranked public schools. A class of 20 students has it's benefits too- you learn from your peers as well as your teachers. Latin or economics with 6-12 kids a class was not all that it was cracked up to be.
How big are the class sizes at those close to zero schools? I will pay 12k next year for my boy to attend a school that has an average class size of eleven. So I feel pretty good.

Went to a school like that myself- top notch education, but your top notch kids can get that from any of the great schools- public or private. We are very fortunate in LI to have top ranked public schools. A class of 20 students has it's benefits too- you learn from your peers as well as your teachers. Latin or economics with 6-12 kids a class was not all that it was cracked up to be.

I doubt it. Plus, this is boarding. So I'm really out a net six k or so when you figure the food I save. The public schools simply do not compare. Myth might not know that if you didn't go public.

$12k for a private boarding school ... what did you do, enlist him in the Marines?