Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MR STATE CHAMPION...
lets say your son is a senior in HS and his team wins the state championship by some 1-10,000 chance. Then what??

State Champ winner plus a subway token can get you to walk on tryout anywhere in the country

MR I know nothing about lacrosse

This might be the stupidest post I have ever read on these boards, and thats no small feat. Talk to the kids at Garden City, Shoreham Wading River, West Islip, etc about how important winning a State Championship is. Take a look at the amount of kids that have been recruited from those schools the year after they won a state title. Not to mention the experience of winning a state title with the kids you have been playing with since grade school. I shouldnt blame you though, if youve never played a campetitive sport in your life and are living vicariously through your child you wouldnt know this. Keep dumping thousands of dollars into that overrated, money hungry club your son plays for, that and a subway token might get your son into a good school. Good luck with that.

What if your son doesn't go to one of the schools you mentioned and has no chance of winning a state or district title. Wouldn't you advise him to work with a summer team in order to get recruited. I think your focus is too narrow. there are hundreds of boys/girls out there who could play on college teams that attend high schools that don't win championships and that for them a good way to be seen or recruited is to play club lacrosse. You sound as though all club lacrosse teams should be avoided. That's not my experience at all. In fact my son's club coach is doing far more than his high school coach ever could for my son's recruiting prospects.