Originally Posted by Anonymous
Boys committing like crazy. We will see the first 2018 soon.

relax 2018 parent, little Johnny is not committing anytime soon. The majority of the kids you see committing at the moment represent the best of the 2017 class and it is still relatively a small number of kids. The 2017 commits will start really revving up during the fall and next summer. Lets calm down a little.

I would not put it past UNC or UVa to commit a kid before first day of high school. Last year Breschi did it in September for a 2017, so we are really picking at the nit as to whether someone pushes it weeks or a month earlier than that. Maybe Breschi and Starsia consider it their competitive advantage. If you look closely, the earlier and earlier lunacy is limited to a recruiting rivalry between UNC, UVa and Hopkins. I find it interesting that all three are very good academic schools and the admissions directors have not spoken up against it. At bottom if I were are JHU alum I would be disgusted to have a degree from a world class university pulling this crap for a lacrosse team.

You do realize there are some rising Sophomores that are not only advanced on the field but in the classroom as well. It is not uncommon that a player has completed their NYS Math and Science requirements entering into their 2nd year of HS. Some of these students could have also taken a Bio SAT. Not sure if these are the same kids but it is possible.

To your Alum comment, I would take a 90 avg Student elite athlete (as above) over a 97 student only. I think the alum would be proud of such a recruit.

You do realize that that entering your sophomore year in high school it is impossible to complete your three years of regents required math classes. At best a sophomore would be in the third math regents class. So your statement carries no weight at all.