CT Dad,
You're not behind, the bus did not leave. If you are in Fairfield Co, look into Eclipse. New program, but they are already very solid and have fabulous coaches. If you are with a good club team and going to the main Summer tournaments to play against other strong club teams, the college coaches will be there.

Showcases I think are fading. If you are a California or Texas kid, I can see in being crisis mode to get to JR or to Maverick Showtime but there are other venues to go for. You can sign your son up for Under Armour or Brine regional all star team tryouts for those Summer events without a nomination. The best route are prospect days at the schools your son is particularly interested in, and often there are other college coaches at them. Play well there, and it can make all the difference. Our son went to UVa one and was offered a spot because of it. If your son is dreaming of being a Cavalier or a Tarheel, then yes you are too late. I don't see any other buses filling up fast given our experience in the recruiting landscape. Our son wants to go Ivy and that process has not even started in earnest yet. Of course there are a lot of snippy comments on this thread from Dads bragging on Princeton or the like going all out after their sons, but take with a grain of salt. A lot of programs can't do the early dance like the Ivies, and some don't by choice. Duke said call us after next Summer.

Queue the lunatics again to blast the above, but don't be too down CT Dad. You have great club possibilities, and the high school teams are very good in Fairfield Co assuming that is where you are.