Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DO NOT TAKE THAT ADVISE. all due respect Cage but that is ill advised and just downright inaccurate. You are bringing in non athletic general admission statistics which I hope we all can agree DO NOT MATTER. Be hones with the coaches that are recruiting you about your studies and they will guide you through the process.
Dear Friend : My family has already done the academic/Ivy chase - twice. Both of my children (boy/girl) were academic valedictorians, sports team captains, regional athletes, All-State band participants, every honor society under the sun, and recruited by various schools. Would you like to talk about my placement career as a coach? Again, this is not about me - or my family - but if you want to challenge our advice, I thought it only fair to tell you from whence this information flows.

Expecting a 2017 graduate to already have "guaranteed admission" with 0.25-0.40 scholarships with a 3.5 GPA in non-honors classes and no SAT/ACT performance numbers is following a yellow-brick road to no where.

Attending an academic institution where your student-athlete simply cannot keep pace is a parental nightmare (wait until you get that call) and happens to be one of the top reasons why you see can't miss Long Island superstars attending institutions a thousand miles and eight hours from home as freshmen and returning to a local outfit within a short time as a sophomore.

Now, if you would like to ask a constructive question, please feel free.

Again, will all due respect.
If a college coach is offering you an opportunity to attend one of the schools mentioned and you have a 3.5 in the first semester of 9th grade you have plenty of time to improve your grades. The schools mentioned were not IVY's and have a track record of accepting I'll call it average/ above average athletes. if we've learned anything from the post if the coach wants you bad enough they will get you in, and yes you will have to study not party to earn the degree.