Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Sounds like you raise some good kids, congrats. Just confused the hot topic right now is try outs why would we not discuss who moves up and down ?

You're kidding, right? Cage made it clear; these are youth lacrosse players. They are there for fundamental development and growth as players and young men. What position they have on a team and if they moved from A to B team is irrelevant.
Be concerned that your kid is happy and healthy and enjoying the sport they like. There is no indication to generate or invent pressure or situations where they would be exposed to criticism or judgement as to where they play.
If your kid is not playing on the team you think he belongs on; then take it up with the coaches. A public forum is not the place to dissect one child's abilities vs another.
They will land on the team they are supposed to be on.

I must disagree, At this age "dissecting" players abilities is exactly what college coaches are doing! Anytime now, the wave of 2017 commitments will begin, so it matters this year more than ever what team a kid is on! Fundamenatal development should have already happened by this age.This is a forum about lacrosse, so thats whatis discussed here. Parents are their kids biggest advocate, and many times they are angry because there kid was shaffted due to politics. I sincerely wish all players the best, and esspecially the talented kids that get raw deals. Stick with it and don't get too caught up in the hype, but definately keep playing your absolute best every time and things will work out the way they are meant too.

"It matters this year more than ever which team you're on"???? You are very confused with regard to the recruiting process. I will agree your son may get some better exposure to top coaches on a good team. More talent means more coaches. However, the recruiting game is changing. Coaches want to see how players perform without the security of their teammates. This why the camps and showcases are so big now. You know the top ones. Much more important to be at those and play well on your own. This shows the coach your true talents, and IQ. Further, the individual college prospect days and clinics are critical.

Shush, you are 100% correct, but why share with those that want to fight over E....ss Orange or Terps, and who is who, and why they are on what team. We all know why some kids end up on Orange. Let them keep believing what they want.

St Anthony’s and Chaminade kids get pushed to the front from here on in. That is very clear from the results of the Express tryouts. Now the Terps team is getting diluted because kids are leaving the Express and moving on to other teams. Express is back filling with next in line.

To poster: "It matters more this year than ever before???" Why did you ask the question in a condesending manor, just to go on and give a logical answer??? I am certainly not confused about the recruiting process. I have have seen boys that play on top teams, but not show well at the recuiting camps/showcases get lots of college interest. I have also seen boys that play on mediocre club team, but excel at the recruiting camps/showcases get equal interest. So I guess we will agree that being on a top team exposes a player to more college coaches. If they can also perform well at a top showcase, that pretty much seals the deal. The kid on the "b" team only has one option, rock the showcase!