Tambroni did that because the former coach was reckless in his commits prior to his departure and the program was in very bad shape. Not all the verbals were rescinded, just reevaluated. You can't expect a new coach to wait 4 years before they bring their own pics in when trying to rebuild. Granted they had a tough year, but the program is on an upswing. Some very good recruits coming in next year. Same will most likely happen when others coaches leave. I would expect that the majority of recruits will be retained in most cases. [/quote]

Tambroni did that because he inherited a program in tough shape, he is under pressure to perform and you can't expect that he or another coach would wait through 4 years of onboarding players from the prior coach's recruiting efforts.

Doesn't that sound like more of what we could guess is the AVERAGE inheritance of a D1 program after the prior guy leaves? I think it is more the instance that at Harvard, you get a very isolated strata of recruits, and that is a school that recruits great students who are also athletes. Harvard, I would presume to be more the exception than the rule...but I suppose we are the guinea pig class and some of our families will find out if the coach who offered spot to our kids are out before Fall 2018. And that is a looooong time.