Originally Posted by Anonymous
First off, Crabfeast is still a wonderful if not one of the elite best tournaments and the undisputed best 2017 team of them all won it. That said, two things I heard and was thinking myself and led me to wonder if Crabfeast is already declining and will further decline. First let's face it, there were 3-4 great teams there and another 10 good teams there and then 25 glorified rec teams there. Why no WCS, no Denver Elite, no FCA National and no 3d National or better regional teams? Another point is Ryan McLernan really needs to temper the home cooking a bit before people stop coming. His club is in a bracket with Bulldog, Booth and True. Cupcake city. At least 4 other brackets had two strong teams in them. It is arbitrary what good teams to put together in the brackets, so give him a hall pass there but then on the second day the brackets were pretty horrible. Edge, Dukes, Patriot and Turtles on one side and Crabs get to feast on Thunder and Sweetlax to the final. That is a joke.

Thoughts anyone?

You are an idiot. The seeding for the playoffs was due to goal differential and other criteria, not an arbitrary "these teams on one side, the other teams on the other side".

Not idiotic. You missed the point. Ryan puts Dukes, Patriot, Edge all in brackets with one team that could play. NXT, Outlaws and Breakers are three good / not great teams in same bracket. In a tournament with 20+ rec level teams, how do three decent teams wind up in the same four team bracket out of ten brackets. Then Mesa Fresh, Crabs and Turtles go in with three rec teams. Of course the seedings will have those three top seeds. Friggin Madlax or Breakers could have gone 3-0 with 40+ goals for and 7 against if swapped in brackets with Crabs and gotten a bye. You think Madlax or Breakers were one of the great teams? Turtles didn't need the help. Crabs and Mesa Fresh are teams that would not have sniffed the semis or final if the brackets were equitable. Get a little real Crabs Dad.

McLernan can't hear your complaints, he's got wads of $100 bills stuffed in his ears from you suckers that pay the high price for his tournaments...And don't call Breakers weak