Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The amount of WINS doesn't mean anything at this age for all 2017 teams, its about getting noticed by the colleges. Learn the process before you talk stupid.

A famous Herm Edwards quote: "You play to win the game!"

Herm Edwards was a decent football player, awful coach, and is dreadful on ESPN. You need to figure it out for your son. The posters are 100 percent right. College coaches care nothing of scores. In fact, many coaches are showing more interest in individual showcase events. Kids on random teams, a true representation of lax IQ and skill sets. I assure you, they really don't care about the score of showcase games. I will give you that coaches do check out teams that are winning a lot at a tournament, to see what the buzz is all about. However, if your son is not a major contributor on such a team, it could actually hurt him.
If anyone takes the time to search the internet, look for the Herm Edwards keynote address at the US Lacrosse National Conference from two years back. Watch the video of his presentation and then argue about the applicability of his lessons to youth sports. If you believe that he was an awful coach, perhaps we need to rethink what "coaching" is all about.

Did you see what he did with the jets? KC? Just because he memorized a speech, most likely written by someone else, and delivered it, still doesn't make him a good coach. There's a guy in DC right now that delivers great speeches too... have you taken a look at the country lately? Need I say more...