Excuses, excuses. You guys are precious. You think LI and Maryland players are better because more early commits are coming from these two areas? I am from Maryland and I can assure you there are dozens of CA players as good or better than the players here who are committed, including the few already from our team.

All that tells me is the NCAA coaches are still recruiting in a local or regional myopia. I can see that because LI and MD are familiar to them, and they know the type of players they are getting from the established hotbeds. But any NCAA coach who snoozes will lose. There are a lot of terrific players in CA, CO, Texas and Florida. Boys Latin played a very competitive game against a Florida prep school a couple days ago. That never would have happened only 2 years ago.

Give the growth of the game some credit. A kid is not a better lacrosse player because he is in the 516, 917, 301 or 410 area codes. Suspend your vanities and give those guys at SI some credit for stepping off a plane and taking you to the buzzer. All this crap about your excuses that the kids were off on Spring Break the week before and went to Disney, etc. are baloney. Saying it was SI's Super Bowl is baloney too. They laced them up and gave Chaminade all they could take and then some.

You LI guys are all easy to find at the Summer Tournaments. Always excuses when you lose. And you do lose.