Might want to check Newsday about that "mediocre FO kid". Turtle boys, current and former are all doing just fine. I will send them your regards. [/quote]

Agreed. I am from MD, not LI, but my understanding is that kids from some schools don't play varsity as freshman. Chaminade is one example I was told of. Basically, I think at this point the only level play evaluation of 2017s is club play. My son starts on his varsity team and has lights out stats. But his team sucks and their schedule is whatever. There are some JV players at MIAA teams who are committed to places like Hop. I don't understand how a high school resume means anything as a freshman to the negative. The fact is a lot of great 2017 players are at prep schools where there are a lot of great players ahead of them in older classes.

I thought the Turtles were without question the best 2017 team I saw. I thought a lot of them merit being high level D1 prospects and think it is silly to propose maybe they are not all that because a few of them run JV at Chaminade. Stupid.