Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I would like to get some opinions. My 2017 son is a very good player with a 3.5 GPA in non-honors classes (for now!) He has serious interest and offers from the following schools. Syracuse(#2 lax, #62 rank).4 of tuition, and Georgetown (not lax ranked,#20 rank) .4 tuition, Maryland (#10 lax, #62 rank), .33 Tuition, UNC (#5 lax rank, #30 rank) .25 of total cost, and Penn State (#11 lax , 37 rank) .5 of total. It is such a big decision, and we are leaning to one, but would like to know if anyone has any words of wisdom in making this choice. Thanks!

Congratulations to your son! Out of curiosity, are there any time limits on these offers?

Congratulations to your son- what a great bunch of schools to have to chose from!

May I ask, what do you think made the difference for your son? Was it his club team, school team, a specific coach going to bat for him, show cases, etc? We have a year or two ahead of us, but am already overwhelmed by all that the kids can do/should do. It seems like your son is a hard worker, both on the field and off. You must be very proud of his efforts.

My son is not a hard worker at school. He does what he needs to do, but does not "love" school. He loves lacrosse. It has made him a better person, the values he has learned will hopefully translate into success in life (hopefully). He plays for a good school and has been doing varsity tournaments since last summer, also Philly showcase. This put him on radar. Did club many years but not last summer. We are proud of him, and wish the best to everyone else going though this process.

Thanks for the insight. My son is a couple of years away from this process, so the information is helpful. Did the coaches begin contacting you after Philly, or did you show interest first?