I am not the Riverhead coach but my daughter is on that team. All of the girls with the exception of one are from Riverhead town. She is from a neighboring town , but they are all good friends that have been practicing together for a couple of years . I heard about the comments being made here and had to take a look. I really don't know anything about YJ or Top Gun for that matter since my daughter just turned 9 but I couldn't believe how ridiculous some parents are. Six of these girls also play on a 5 th grade ISA team to get more experience , Maybe someone saw the same girls playing on the 5th grade indoor league and assumed they were 5th graders. But, they are most definitely not.
As for the coach, he has worked hard year round with these town girls for the past couple of years and they have gotten to be pretty good, but I would have no idea how they would compare with YJ or Top Gun girls. The girls are lucky to have a volunteering coach spend 2-3 days a week with them year round, he treats them great and works hard to make them better.