Originally Posted by Anonymous
Since tryouts have begun, this thread is about to get busy. Anyone familiar with all the club tryout dates, is the YJ tryouts the last of the clubs? I think the YJ's benefit from this as they are able to fill the lower bracket teams more easily than the other clubs. Many players/parents reject spots on B or C teams elsewhere, looking to roll the dice with YJ's. That's great if it works out and you make blue or the better blue, if not your left with no other choice but to play for YJ on a lower teams, and there is nothing wrong with playing on whatever team for whatever club you make, the point here is this is a smart team filling move by YJ's as it's sort of last shot to get picked up.

Seriously though, YJ top blue is better than the top team on other clubs. The second blue is more like playing liberty black for example. The point is that even the top gold team of YJ is very very good.

Somehow I think that Liberty parents and players would disagree! There's YJ "real Blue" and then there's the rest, which doesn't really matter, if you're new to the club you will figure out the pecking order very easily

That is basically what I said. Top blue is the best. Liberty fields a good team but not quite as good.

Big fish in a smaller pond or a guppy in the Yellow ocean? Bigger name, more status better logo wear and dont forget higher costs. Why wouldnt any sane parent pick the B's?