Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 7,000 difference came from my daughter getting 25K a year versus her friend getting 18K a year. 25-18=7,000. So 7,000 x 4 years of college= 28k less than if this girl went in as a walk on plus all the money they spent on camps/tournaments plus traveling expenses over the years.

In other words my non lacrosse daughter came out 28 k ahead than this girl did.

There daughter loved her sport and Im sure enjoyed all the time playing, her parents said perhaps she should have just applied based on her SAT scores/grades and then walked on, they would have been 28K ahead.

Oh I see. The problem could arise as to whether or not a kid can walk on and some kids who dont have the GPA and/or SAT scores get in to some schools with the help of lax. That said, I have told my daughter to focus on academics first as they are the number one way to get into a school with or without a scholarship. We are done with YJ afte this season. We may look at other clubs because as you say my daughter loves to play, but i cannot alloow her to continue to play for an organization where the directors are down right arrogant.

Congrats to Yellow Jackets teams this weekend at Lax for the Cure
So far: Winning Championships: 2017 Blue, 2016 Blue, 2015 Blue, 2014 Blue Finalist. Still to play 2013 & 2012