Originally Posted by CageSage
Remember that you cannot correlate money, academic levels, athletic/competitive levels, and NCAA Divisions since they are all separate topics that are not organized together.
To complete this thought, BOTC wanted to offer a couple of examples to consider. We already mentioned that Williams, the number one liberal arts college as ranked by US News and World Reports, is a Division III school with top academics that might provide a better experience than some Division II schools.

Adelphi, an NCAA Division II institution, has athletic scholarships on offer and can field teams that could easily handle some Division I programs in the Patriot League such as Lafayette, Lehigh, and Bucknell. Further, these Patriot League schools have extremely limited sports funding and are underfunded in lacrosse. Yet, their academic levels are across the board higher than Adelphi's from board scores to national academic performance.

So, there is no tracing academic progress from Division I to Division III, just as there are no guarantees on competitive levels. Further, there is no guarantee that a Division I program has more money available than a Division II program. The only thing you can guarantee is that Division III programs do not offer athletic scholarships.