Originally Posted by Anonymous
While having a coach with a child on the team may come with some baggage I have seen many times where it turns out to be an advantage.Many times that coach is more motivated to have his or her daughter on a successful team and puts in the extra work.To think that any of these coaches even without kids on the team will be less biased is also naive ,many of these coaches have ulterior reasons such as making their school team stronger and are thus biased to the kids from their district. The main problem I have seen is many times these coaches have kids who maybe are not as skilled as the team they are placed on but with 24 or so kids per team 1 child will only have a minor impact ( does create issues with kids on lower level team who have parents who think they should be on the higher team).Also just curious which travel team out there is it that thinks their coaches are so great.

The cons far outweigh the pros when it comes to parent coaching at the travel level of any sport, please try and convince me otherwise