Originally Posted by Anonymous
The above poster has no clue to what they speak of. My daughter NEVER tried out for YJ or any club team. Unlike you mindless sheep who believe ANYTHING that you are told; I educated me and my daughter to how college recruiting works and left the club lax foolishness alone. Still got the D1 scholarship and had much more fun. $1500 for a letter recommendation....all for the right to brag about your daughter playing for YJ 20XX Blue....plain stupid!!!!

I am glad it worked out for you and your daughter, but for every one kid like your daughter who didn't play club lacrosse and got a scholarship there is 20 that did play in a club that got a scholarship. How do you know that if your daughter played club she wouldn't have gotten more money or been looked at by other schools, maybe one with a better program??? What I think is stupid is that you think that the only reason these girls play club lacrosse is to get a scholarship. My daughter actually loves playing lacrosse and really enjoys her teamates and the club she is in. She is having a great experience with great coaches and her team is very successful.By the way ,she is also getting better playing against great competition! I actually think it is dissapointing that there are people are teaching their kids to play just to get a scholarship ,rather than teaching them to love the game. If they love the game and want to play, the scholarship will probably come, if not at least they have some great memories! FYI there is no need to have venom for others who don't share your opinion. It is their money, they can spend it any way they want. I am sure there are plenty of people who feel it is worth every penny. Just take a look at Northwesterns roster!