I can truly relate to this articles, and yes everyone should take the time to read it! Well said. It does take an "an outsider, looking in," "an unbiased opinion," for people to take notice of what is really important. We as a lax family have sadly come into contact with too many of these parents. In all aspects of life, it is sad that it does come down to who you know, not what you know that enables some to succeed over others. I have said this before on BOTC, it is CHARACTER that makes a person and player. This is what we instill in our children everyday of their lives. I would much rather spend my time playing on a PAL team with parents and players that truly care about the community than on an elite travel team with snobby parents and obnoxious players. Coaching is extremely important, and great ones are hard to come by, these coaches are priceless. Training with passionate coaches that want to teach and make your child into the best they can be is priceless as well. The sport has become extremely competitive, but this reporter is correct, if you are playing for a scholarship, than you are playing for the wrong reason. My kids will graduate high school and go to college, yes I would love to see them play lacrosse, but that would just be an added bonus. We love the sport and love to watch our children play, I now laugh at those parents that have something to prove. They need to get there egos in check!!