Originally Posted by Powderfinger
CageSage, I have a number of friends and relatives in Northport, some of whom are former YJ players on a blue team who left due to injuries. I was told firsthand by those parents ... that there is a hefty sum (I forget but definitely over $1000) to write letters to coaches on her player's behalf, which I assume would cover phone calls as well.
Earlier today, Powderfinger, a respected poster here on BOTC, called into question our statement based on information we were given that Yellow Jackets players are not charged for recruitment services. That post served as a call to action for BOTC to get the right story on the table for our readers. We have spoken with the most senior staffers at the Yellow Jackets and want to report back to you all.

The Elite Recruiting Service is an additional program available to both Yellow Jackets and non-Yellow Jackets players. The program is managed by the same senior staff from the Yellow Jackets however it is indeed an independent operation. This recruiting service is made available as an extra fee for players and families that feel they need an extra "push" for college contacts. BOTC does not have information on pricing to offer as part of this discussion. Specifically, we were told that "fifteen phone calls and three letters" would be beyond normal coaching support and push a player into the optional recruitment service space. The dividing line between normal coaching representation and usage of the recruitment service would be an internal discussion for Yellow Jackets players or those seeking to employ this service.

Yellow Jackets players from Northport and Farmingdale, given the overlap between those districts and the variety of teaching and coaching positions, are not charged for additional Recruiting Service help according to the program leaders.

Players from Northport and Farmingdale are charged for Yellow Jackets fees just like any other rostered player. We include this information to make the delineation between Yellow Jackets program fees and Elite Recruiting Services fees crystal clear.

BOTC apologizes that our original information was inaccurate based on information and questions we were asking. Powderfinger's information that charges could have been incurred for Yellow Jackets players is in fact possible under this policy.