Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC has covered this issue previously; the recruitment efforts for the Yellow Jackets players are included in the team fees. In other words, there is no additional fee charged. No one is being screwed except yours truly since we have to use the bandwidth of our servers to deliver your incorrect "facts".

CageSage, I have a number of friends and relatives in Northport, some of whom are former YJ players on a blue team who left due to injuries. I was told firsthand by those parents that Carol Rose does indeed charge a hefty sum (I forget but definitely over $1000) to write letters to coaches on her player's behalf, which I assume would cover phone calls as well. It's also common knowledge within Northport sports that you will get no playing time as a Tiger if you are not a YJ/Carol supporter. Even the boys' parents know about Carol and the YJ.

So maybe Carol/YJ is saying one thing and doing another, maybe the policy has changed, or maybe my YJ friends/relatives are misguided. They seemed pretty certain though, it was presented as a known fact with the YJ organization that they accepted as part and parcel. This came up when I was discussing with them the possibility of my daughter trying out for YJ and they were giving me pros and cons.