Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Uninformed commentary like this from an official is attrocious."
Could not agree more, especially when he has to make stuff up.As far as the other LI club teams not showing up,you can lead a horse to water ...
How come the better clubs from NJ and Maryland do not make the trip up,after the yj support many of their home town tournaments all summer long. Although I realize there is a lack of affordable rooms that cannot be the only reason.

I agree that not showing up actually could hurt the other programs, but people need to realize that the YJs have a not so great reputation (right or wrong) throughout the lacrosse community. I have heard it in many tournaments.

Before the YJ supporters start calling me names like "jealous" and "scared" etc., I have to be honest and say that in my opinion some of the criticism comes simply from the fact that YJ Blue teams WIN, and they WIN alot more times than they lose. The clubs don't like to lose to the same team over and over, and I am sure some of these clubs say to themselves why do I need to go lose to the club that is sponsoring the event.

But I do believe that YJs have a sometimes deserved reputation of being an unsportsmanlike program and this keeps teams away from supporting their tournaments. The reasons why have been touched upon in this forum and we do not need to go over again. It would not surprise me if that was a significant factor in why teams (not just LI teams, but Northeast teams) don't go to the YJ events.

YJ parents should really not care, in particularly for the girls on the Blue teams, because if your mission is to have your daughter play top level lacrosse in college, I seriously doubt that a recruiter could care less if the YJs are known for being rough around the edges.