Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Several posts later I'm back. Look, I probaly should not have mentioned who my daughter plays for. Some MD mom was on bashing yellow jackets, so I some how stood up for some club I have no association with. I somehow got baited into revealing who my daughter plays for. In the end we are all a part of the same girls lacrosse community, I will leave the discussion on that.

my post was not to bait you. My duaghter does play for YJ and we are not happy. We think it is important for us to hear from parents of all different clubs, not just top gun. Again, it was not a bait, it was a sincere desire to know. We realize you can find happy and unhappy paerents from all clubs. for us its about the unapraochable way the yj directors conduct themselves. the way they make you feel as if they don't give a ____ about your kid, that there is always someone to fill your shoes. are top gun dirextors approachable?

I realize your intent was not to bait me, I should have known better, however, to post the club name on this particular thread as you can see the reaction it started. Anyway to answer your question- They are approachable and very nice people. But I will say this: You may or may not find what you and your daughter are looking for in this club (or any club for some people). Some of the age groups are very competitive. If your daughter decides to try out and makes a team, you also need to take a realistic perspective. I feel all players get a fair shake for playing time; they do a good job with that. But just as all other clubs and sports my kids have been involved in, I see players and parents mystified when their daughters don't start and play the entire game. Just because some of their daughters may kill it on the town or school team, doesn't guarantee them the playing time on these teams, remember the other players are very good too. I often think parents are wearing rose colored glasses when watching their own daughters play. The coaches here have a good idea of how to best utilize each player for what is best for the team, and that may not fit some peoples idea of where and how they should be used. Again, from my experience they are very fair to all players and most players and parents are good with it, so long as you don't have your glasses on. Just to get this particular discussion off this thread (I had no other way to respond to you), you should go ask players and parents questions about this club on the clubs thread under the BOTC Main Forum. Whatever you decide to do - Good Luck.