Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
For those who were following the Lax for the Cure tournament this last weekend, the tournament issued a ceremonial check for $223,000 to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer research foundation.

That is certainly the lead story from this charity event. As for the age group results, the champions are listed below :

2012:
Champions : STEPS Elite 2012 Blue
Runner Up: Liberty 2012

2013:
Champions : Capital Lacrosse 2013
Runner Up: Phantastix 2013

Champions: TLC
Runner Up: Yellow Jacket 2014 Blue

Champions: Yellow Jackets 2015 Blue
Runner Up: MD United

Champion: Yellow Jackets 2016 Blue
Runner Up: Long Island Express 2016 Blue

2017/2018
Champion: Yellow Jackets Blue
Runner Up: STEPS 2017 Blue

WOW!! That's a LOT of money!! For a great cause. The Yellow Jacket program should be very proud.
That kind of revenue and profit also makes my cynical side question the amounts of money exchanging hands in Lacrosse right now on LI. Amazing. That quarter of a million $$ went to a wonderful cause. Not sure about the next quarter of a million at a tournament? I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money. I'm just shaking my head at the $$ involved. I think it's time for some type of non-profit [lacrosse] (while not perfect) organization on the Island to help drive down the costs of soccer and open it up to the masses. Lots of kids want to play lacrosse but are not interested in a YJ or TG type program.

I believe that is the total all teams raised, not just yjs! I am sure it also includes some percentage of entry fees and such.