Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter wants to be a doctor, should I send her to N.U. so she can collect a 180,000.00 debt in her first 4 years for atmosphere? If you allow that , your a bad parent. Oh yeah, I forgot youe a Yellow Jacket, your kid is going to get that imaginary "full ride"

So your saying a stonybrook education is better and more valuable than an education from all the other colleges offering D1 lax? What did they spike the koolaide with at the luncheon?
My daughter isn't a Jacket, and was not at the luncheon that you referred to, She want to become a doctor as I stated, but to send her to Northwestern ( seeing as you are a top gun parent )her tuition will be$41,983.00 for 4 years at $58,682.00 per year room and books adds up to $234,728.00. If she is lucky she will get , in combined scholarships ( academic and sports ) 50% off, leaving her in debt $117,364.00. Financial aid only covers so much, still leaving your kid in a hole from any where between $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 in debt. If you have the money to send your kid to a school for that much money, so she can have a "college atmosphere" god bless you. In comparison Stony Brook will cost $6,994.00 in tuition, room and books included, 20,336.00 per year. but really who will pay to stay on campus.
I got all the numbers off of https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/find-colleges
good site to get the real facts about how much each college costs