My daughter tried out for YJ and it's true, the girls already on the blue team tried out separately. I think the gold girls tried out with the hoi polloi but not really sure. I remember thinking at the time that segregating the blue girls out was a bunch of hooey. Like, why have a tryout if your blue team is essentially having a practice while everyone else tries out? That said, I have been told that there is some shifting among teams during the season, so I'll give credit for that.

I believe Top Guns has a list of college recruits on their website. Express might as well. The club links are all listed so anyone can check.

My two cents about college recruitment: I believe YJ draw a lot of coaches at showcases/tournaments by virtue of their club name and success. That said, I don't think it's YJ's responsibility (or any other club's) to get a kid recruited. That responsibility is with the parents and players. If your kid is in contact with the schools in which he/she is interested, and the coach is mutually interested, that coach will come see your kid whether you're YJ or a lesser known club. It might be a tougher row to [lacrosse], the selling of yourself, which is what recruitment is, but it can be successfully done. Not everyone out there wants to go to Northwestern or another lacrosse powerhouse school. There are plenty of fine schools out there who need players. The ulitmate goal of college is graduating and making your way in the world, after all, not playing time or getting to tell everyone your kid plays for Northwestern.