Wow and I thought boys lax could be cutthroat..oof. I have heard this debate over and over through the years. When your child; whether a girl or boy signs up for town team lax, you have the right to expect just that from the coaches. What the coaches participate in during other times is of none of any town team paremts or players concern. You are by no means entilitled to anything that is not town team practice or town team games. My sons town team recently played in the shamrock m at the suggestion of some of the parents..but if the coach had a commitment to another team that day, it has nothing to do with our town team. Sometimes we as parents lose sight of why we are spending our time with our kids on the lax field...it is supposed to be fun for the kids, select teams are supposed to be fun too, just because our kids play for elite teams this does not make the kid or especially the parents any better of a person. I too often see some parent who has a talented 11 year old somehow feel this gives them a higher status on the sideline. I say if you are defining yourself by the success of a childs sport you need to do a bit of reflection and re prioritize a bit.