Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From my impression (please correct me if I'm wrong) unless a player is has little knowledge of the game and is useless with a stick she is bound to make one the teams, no? A bit of an exaggeration, of course, but my point is made. Blue, green, maroon whatever level it is, is not one of my main concerns, my daughter just wants to play with an experienced program and improve her game.

To sum it all up, if you tryout, are you more or less guaranteed a spot, within reason, on any color team?

Sounds like you answered your own question already. I guess saying that your daughter plays for yellowjackets carries some association with sucessful teams from years gone by. There are many who believe that the lower teams are just there to collect money, because as you say, they will put you on some team after try-outs. To their credit, at least they offer some of the kids who need to develope a place to play, where many other clubs only offer limited roster spots on a limited number of teams. It's a starting point, and a chance to practice, play and improve, with the hope to move up within the yellowjackets or make the tryout cut for another club down the road. Point is, at least your daughter will be playing and improving.

Not true...my daughter has had friends try out and not make a team.YJ field pretty strong teams. I would compare their thrd team to liberty and tg 2nd team. In most other programs if your not on the top team you might as well not play. NOt true for YJ