I respectfully disagree
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Libertydad, I still see absolutely no reason for your daughter to try out for the other club teams that are out there. If you are happy with the club, there is no need to tryout for others, even if it is just for a 2 hour practice.

Originally Posted by libertydad
She goes to every try out because it's a 2 hour practice in the off season , she goes because every time she does she meets another friend, she goes because she is playing with some of the best players on the Island, she goes because she not just a liberty girl , she's a lacrosse player and she knows there are good players on every team not just on her club.It's weird that your such an elitist to think your daughter is too good to play with anyone other than Y.J. ,what if one day Carol Rose decides to run 1 or 2 teams any your daughter gets cut. My daughter has to be better than everyone els on the field at try outs, if she's not she's cut , thats pressure, thats how a director knows a girl can handle it . it's like a job interview , you have a small window to impress, if you don't you don't get the job. what are you teaching you girls, its ok not to give your all you'll get the job anyway.
How about the girl thats just as good as another girl, or maybe a little better, is it right she should lose a spot because your daughter played there last year, even though she was better. Liberty might lose to the Y.J. every time , and thats fine with me because in the end , I know that liberty is the better club. If you want to see how good your daughter real is, let her try out for Liberty, don't say you a Jacket , don't where your blue pine to try outs let her go as Anonymous as you are on this site, and see if she is as good as you think, or are you afraid to know the truth. I know most girls would make it , but some will not. And as far as the scrimmage thing goes , running a full field scrimmage isn't a good indicator of how a girl will play in a game . the attack and D are left standing at half field waiting. 5V5 7v7 , that shows how a girl can play transition quickly fro offense to D
Originally Posted by libertydad
Not knowing what clubs you tried out for I can still understand your point. being at most try outs myself, I can guess witch ones your talking about, because most of the better clubs don't run scrimmages for just that reason. It is unfair and to me shows a young inexperienced director that already knows who they want on a roster. In other words , she never had a chance. If I can offer some advice, I have been to Y.J. , 91 , Top Guns, Suffolk County All Stars , Liberty , and F.L.G. , Wave and T.O.G.Z don't have try outs and I have never been to Oilers or Elevate. and I have never seen a director hold a more fair tryout than Liberty ,so if you think your daughters a good player and you want a fair opinion Liberty might be the club for you. And to answer the statements I know are coming , no she doesn't just take Manhasset girls , In fact i've seen her demote some and cut some, something Y.J. doesn't do Express
libertydad, for the most part I respect what you have to say on this forum but have to respectfully disagree with your last opinion on tryouts. Have a daughter that has tryout for two different clubs. first tryout did all the drills,did them well but when it came to the scrimage part of the tryout failed to touch the ball (open many times but looked off in favor of a teamate or friend)did not make the club. 2nd tryout came with a group of what i would call better players ( based on observations made in games leading up to tryout)that day she was the best player on the field as per most observers. she made the club. so my point is that the tryout is not allways a fair indication of a players true talent when the group is so evenly talented. anyway she chose to play with a smaller club that took her based on her body of work

Why would you go to every tryout? That's wierd! Drills themselves don't show enough. Without scrimmages how do you know if a kid can apply the skills? Some kids can add but cannot solve a promlem involving adding.

Liberty dad. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you seem to have some good points from time to time, but PLEASE STOP calling people out about being anonymous!! Calling yourself "Liberty Dad" is NO less anonymous! If you feel that strongly about not making anonymous posts then sign with your real name. If not, please let that point go ,because you are losing your credibility!(as anonymous as it might be)