Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's the problem! 700-800 players, does that shout elite to you? It shouts I will take money from everyone and anyone willing to pay - the vast majority of those players (or should I say parents) are in for a very big disappointment! I know firsthand of some girls that are on a yj "B" team that can barely play the game, now what would that infer about he kids on the "C" and "D" teams?

there are say 400 kids on B or C or D teams that are horrible. its all about the money .
i just looked at the y.j. site, and sure enough, on the top long island ELITE yellow jackets. so some perspective , the nfl takes only the truly elite,there are 32 teams 52 man roster 1664 athletes total. these are truly elite they have made the cut through high school, college and pro tryouts. no buying your way in . you say there are 700 girls on y.j. teams , thats almost half of the nfl total roster. if you look at the commitment page, on average 30 girls commit to colleges to play, only 1/2 are d1 , and statistically 1/2 of them don't see significant playing time or stop playing all together. and out of all of that, only 1 is truly elite , and she wants nothing to do with c.r.