Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The above poster has no clue to what they speak of. My daughter NEVER tried out for YJ or any club team. Unlike you mindless sheep who believe ANYTHING that you are told; I educated me and my daughter to how college recruiting works and left the club lax foolishness alone. Still got the D1 scholarship and had much more fun. $1500 for a letter recommendation....all for the right to brag about your daughter playing for YJ 20XX Blue....plain stupid!!!!

That's 20XX Blue "A"----yet here you are, on the YJ forum, bragging that your daughter got the D1 scholarship, while insulting others for bragging. And who looks stupid? The club experience is fantastic for many players, not just from a scholarship perspective, but from a friendship, sportsmanship, and confidence view. Glad you had more fun doing it your way----but to me, someone with a scholarship in hand for their daughter would not be so angry at others who played club lacrosse unless you are so relieved that you got the scholarship in spite of no club lacrosse, or honestly, you are still mad that you could not afford club lacrosse.

No one is angry at all. I just dislike the snobbery that goes on with the club lax scene here on LI. Oh; I was more than able to afford it; but....I recognized the game that was being played and opted out of it. PT Barnum is alive and well here on LI! And as for me "bragging;" why the eff not!. Too many here on the Island had viewed my daughter as inferior upon her so-called lack of pedigree. Tough talk from an anonymous person......many of you would say two words about this in person. Y'all just stare like you just seen a ghost. And all of those characteristics of club lax that you speak of do exist....but not in either the LI or MD club scene....too many snobs (GO GC ) and never played any sport in their life fat middle aged bald men screaming like idiots!