Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent new to travel lacrosse, was wondering if someone could answer some questions. First, could someone with a child on the yellow jackets comment on their experiences this year (especially if it was their first year.) I've never seen them play (or any of the other travel teams for that matter) and am told by parents of another club that the coaches constantly yell and berate their players. I'd like to hear it from a team parent to get their perspective if possible. Also, has anyone heard about when they will be holding their tryouts? Seems alot of clubs have scheduled theirs' but haven't seen anything about the YJ. Any inside info would be appreciated. Thanks.

What age group is your child. My daughter plays for the 2017 and the coaches are wonderful! So supportive. It has been my experience that most of the yj coaches are great and do not yell
I suggest that you tryout for a couple different clubs and see how your daughter does. I am happy with the yjs. My daughter's coach dies not yell and berate them. If you are looking for the club with the most recognition then yjs is the one. If you want a more low key club then try top guns, express or wave. Just educate yourself. These boards aren't always right and sometimes exaggerated. Oir example a team may win a tournament but the tournament itself may hold little prestige.

My daughter is only going into 5th grade. Thanks for your input.