Originally Posted by Anonymous
Several posts later I'm back. Look, I probaly should not have mentioned who my daughter plays for. Some MD mom was on bashing yellow jackets, so I some how stood up for some club I have no association with. I somehow got baited into revealing who my daughter plays for. In the end we are all a part of the same girls lacrosse community, I will leave the discussion on that.
While many posters have been living "in the moment" of the Yellow Jackets vs. Program XYZ, the fact is that the Yellow Jackets have built the Long Island name in Girls Lacrosse for all of the other programs to follow.

While several years back, the Long Island Liberty also provided some juice to Long Island, the fact is that the Yellow Jackets have been the steady franchise which has kept Long Island youth lacrosse on the national landscape.

Yes, the success of the Yellow Jackets has given rise to several alternative clubs, including the Top Guns, offering perhaps a slightly different philosophy or technique. The Long Island market, particularly for girls, has a tremendous demand even to this point with very few premier club options.

Girls lacrosse here on Long Island is going through a transition period right now. New programs are appearing attempting to challenge the status quo and bring more premier training to the area. As consumers, this should be welcomed by our readers.

As for debating the relative merits of the Yellow Jackets vs. the Top Guns or any other program, BOTC suggests that you either tryout for both or visit a team practice on the sidelines. This will help your family, player and parent alike, get a feel for both programs and how your student-athlete might fit into their club picture.