Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Really not a lot of quality coaching going on in this program in the early ages (4th -7th grades) at all. The YJ is more of a collection. A collection of talent that they poach from other programs. When the team struggles they go and find more talent to make the team better. Easier than developing their own talent. Other programs out there provide more coaching and do it on a more consistent basis. But the YJ has created a machine in which people feel they need to be there to be recruited.
If your child is anything but a top player you will find nothing but frustration with this program.

Please name some othe LI based programs that have better coaching and development to younger players?

The skak team has a few fathers that have organized things throughout the year to make their girls better, girls on their team became better and one sometimes they have actually included girls from other programs in some of the things they have done. No one made any money, and girls had good opportunities to get better and many parents were grateful for their efforts from several programs.

The above comments are 100% true. Girls from Skak and many other clubs had a ball all winter long playing lacrosse without worrying what club they played for. The only thing that mattered was having fun and hopefully gaining in their knowledge of the sport. I for one was grateful for the opportunity for my daughter.

Ditto here. Non YJ and I don't know anything about the ins and out of how the 2021 teams are coached or run at YJ. But my daughter and about 50 other girls from at least 7-8 different towns representing at least 5-6 maybe more clubs participated in a great winter program that was arranged by a father on that team. He had some great college bound girls teach as well as other who knew what they were talking about (yes some were fathers who knew the sport). Every girl got a great experience, we were/are very grateful to him for organizing this. So like they say it takes a village.... Same goes for lacrosse. So not only did YJ girls get better, 50 girls in the age division on LI got better. Thank you!!