Originally Posted by Anonymous
So hard to get a handle of the academic monies offered as a 9th and 10th grader because the GPA and test scores arent available yet. But if you commit as a 10th grader you are probably getting more than half athletically which some of the strain off academics that is until you realize being a fulltime employee of the school isnt your cup of tea while you are going for enginerring and then when you quit the team you are left with little aid. Academic money is the way to go everytime

You can't combine academic money and athletic money at some of the bigger schools. I think this was explained on another thread. It's one or the other. As far as committing early, yes, I agree it's young and forget about a 15 year old knowing what they want to study and do for a living, I know adults that don't know what they want to do. Find a great school with a lot of different majors and they can decide as late as sophomore year of college, while I don't recommend that. My personal feeling, for what it's worth, is that the earliest anyone should be committing is in their junior year-the earliest! Forget about 2016s that are committing early, there are some 2017s that have already committed and a few very close. This board is great for debating issues such as these, and also can be very educational and informative, I just wish we could keep them a little less personal, with a lot less insults. At the end of the day it's each family's decision what they choose to do.

You make it very difficult not to insult you when you put out false information. Please tell us a school that gives athletic money but will not also give academic money to a qualified student athlete, ie. 50% athletic with a 50% academic as an example.yes the athlete has to be qualified just like any other kid getting academic monies but it happens all the time.

Tell me one of the top ones that do. I'm sure you believe in the "full ride" also

29 of the top 40 teams in 2013 offer $ for both and allow you to combine...That's not counting NAVY which has fees paid regardless of whether you play a sport.

You try to figure out which ones...

Ok I will try my best to figure it out, but Notre Dame, UNC and USC are just three that don't.
You have proven that you do not know what you are talking about...