Originally Posted by Anonymous

Why wasn't the girl issued a red card if this was so blatantly clear to all ? Oh because it was not the impression of the nationally rated official on that game. No red card issues because they felt there was absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever. So it was not clearly a deliberate hit at all.

I saw a girl (no YJ involvement) take a hit to the head that required stitches this weekend. Refs called nothing and allowed the goal. Ref apologized to her mom, saying, "Sorry, Mom, I didn't see it so I couldn't make the call." The girl is dripping blood, obviously she got hit, ref wouldn't make the call.

The point being refs are not perfect (quite possibly the understatment of the year). If the ref didn't see the hit, or wasn't sure, perhaps he/she wasn't comfortable making the call (which sounds ridiculous but there you have it).

So from my POV, saying there was no intent because the ref didn't make the call is not an argument that holds water 100%. I wasn't there, I didn't see the play, all I'm saying is refs make mistakes so your argument has flaws.