Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great post about working hard. However, you absolutely lost me when you said there are no politics with the YJ's.

Saying there is no politics in YJ is like saying there is no national deficit!!! Not sure what age your talking about but my daughters age all the girls who play HS for the top blue team coach all made blue and a few DO NOT deserve it...so politics is a big part of YJ the rest is true hard work pays off in the end bc those put on teams who don't deserve to be in the end wind up suffering. Just bc a girl plays for Farmingdale or Northport doesn't mean they deserve to be on blue!! But then again I'd rather my daughter be on the lowest team bc she will get to play in playoff games where it counts vs those who sit and watch others during a championship game bc they don't deserve to be on blue and their school colors got them there

That is true to an extent! Most if not all of the kids from "the chosen" schools that are on the blue teams might not be the best kids on the team and there may be a handful of kids better than them on the lower teams, but they are all competent.You have to expect some degre of politics , but for the most part all the girls eventually wind up on the right team for their talent level.