Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the issue that is the root of the back and forth.

YJ supporters feel the youth club experience has mostly to do with winning. Especially the Championship format tournaments previously posted even if it means players don't get a chance to play at those games.
YJ detractors feel the youth club experience should be about allowing every player to experience the field during these same tournaments and allow them to become seasoned so as to improve their game.

Any Thoughts?

I know a parent whose daughter plays YJ Blue (real Blue, True Blue, whatever you want to call the better Blue). He said she doesn't get a lot of playing time and has gone to tournaments where she barely played. BUT he said the YJ training is worth it to him (and, I hope, her). That would not be my choice, but he seems to accept it for what it is. I've seen his kid play and she is good.

IME, the better kids get more playing time. Playing time is probably more equal in a showcase format where standings are not kept, but no club offers equal playing time. Even in a showcase format, people want their team to win. That's human nature.