Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
And Sayville gets another huge write up in Newsday again today, with pictures in two locations.

Anyway, back to the YJ: What I heard, and what turned me off of that team altogether, is that Carol Rose charges her team members to write letters of recommendation to college coaches for them. I heard, from a YJ parent, upwards of $2000. I find that outrageous. The girls are on a high-level team, showcasing at high-level tournaments, seen by all sorts of coaches, so why do they need a $2000 letter to get them on a college team? That's baloney.
Thanks for joining us here on the BOTC board, Powderfinger. For those who are not familiar with Powderfinger from our BOTN sister soccer site, many solid high school and collegiate insights are brought to the forum with his/her participation.

On the Sayville coverage, BOTC has learned that Emily Meier will be attending High Point for Lacrosse starting in the Fall 2011 semester - so at least Newsday is discussing player(s) heading into the solid Division I ranks.

Now, the Yellow Jackets recruiting service is an independent function from the rest of the program and you are right that this is an optional add-on to their organization. We have spent hours upon hours discussing profile preparation and college coach contacts on our College Boards. As with so many things in life, your family (parent/player) can opt to do the work successfully yourselves or pay a service provider for the same option.

There are numerous organizations - across all club and high school sports - that will perform the "recruiting service" functions for your family. The key point is that no one service will guarantee results or placements. This is why BOTC Industries recommends that parents/players must be an integral part of the college recruitment effort and not a passenger along for the ride.

And where did you get that FALSE info from??