Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Read Coach Levy's interview, she definitely discourages hard majors in her program. That's a fact. Sure they have a few honors college girls but the the vast majority are soft majors. UNC like UVA and Michigan are very tough to get into because they are state schools and lots of Li kids applying. As far as dual sport athlete, what does that have to do with majors? This is a reality in these programs and parents who are allowing their 8th grader to commit need to know this. Sure there are exceptions but not many.
My real question is because yj is so focused on getting girls recruited early are they limiting girls chances of going to the Ivy League??? My guess is Rose promotes early recruiting more than any other club as a sign of results therefore justifying fees.

Have read her article, have talked to her personally, have talked to kids in the program personally(my daughter was close to going there) and found nothing that she discourages hard majors so maybe you need to look up what a fact is. have not met one D1 coach that does not steer kids from certain classes ie. Nursing school mainly because the labs do interfere w practices and games and are difficult to make up. You personally sound like a pompous a------ when you act as if going to a top 30 university is some sort of let down. My kid graduated 1 in her class and was highly recruited lax player she elected not to go Ivy because she felt there is a bit of a pompous attitude of many at these schools( I disagreed w her opinion) .

It's a FACT that nursing majors are usually the ones who can't finish the full 4 years or get buried as juniors and seniors on the bench because they just miss too much time for labs and clinicals at hospitals.