Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To think there is no politics involved is crazy. There most certainly is. Is it anymore than the other clubs out there? Maybe, but there is politics every where you go. I figure there are three groups of players out there as far as politics are involved and it may be a near even split. The first are on the receiving end of it, where they may get a position or playing time or put on a team they don't deserve to be on. The other end of the spectrum you have the players getting the short end of the stick. In the middle you have the kids playing exactly where they belong. Luckily most kids are where they belong, but every team has a few of the others effected by politics good and bad. Hopefully for you, if your child is effected by politics it benefits them, if not, I would agree that another organization might provide a fresh start. Someone earlier mentioned it is a sheer matter of hard work. I do not agree, sometimes players are put into suppressed positions. This is a great trick from parent coaches who do not want teammates to outshine their own kid. I have been on both sides of the politics many times with my kids in sports. It's great when it benefits you and sucks when your on the losing end. Still my biggest complaint with politics always seems to stem from parent coaches.

Do you actually think that Carol rose gives a rats [lacrosse] about the parent coaches opinion??? Most of them are on the lower teams anyway! For the ones coaching the blue teams DeFelice and Mitchel, this doesn't apply, their kids are great players and they are great "parent coaches". Politics in the YJ's may get you the nod if it is equal or close, but if a kid is great and deserves to move up, they will! What benefit would it be to the organization to not take the best kids and win tournaments???

Love it!!!