Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Are you serious!! Dad sees the dollar signs and is marketing his kid to the maximum. She will even have her own stick soon. I am sure her business venture did not come out of her disliking of her 6 year career as a YJ player.

She just wanted to have a business set up for when she is finished with college. So its not something better its the same thing.

Good for her then, obviously lacrosse is something she enjoys and if she chooses to pursue a business built around it, I think that's great. And she is just like the rest of them, trying to do something she loves and scratch a living out of it. The difference with her is that she well may be considered one of the the best to ever play the game.

You can't knock her for starting her own club. She's not knocking YJ. No one knocks Sal Locascio for hooking up with Team91.

She may not bad mouth the Yellow Jackets but you had better believe that her father does. Every chance he gets. Its hard to believe how bitter he is about the YJ Organization when this organization gave her the visibility to get her where she is today. There is no disputing her talent but her father should give credit where it is due. Instead he bad mouths YJ to whomever will listen.

Here's the thing with shannon. There is a reason way beyond yj's that she one of the best college players ever. She is one of the most motivated persons I have ever met. This is the attitude that drove her to renlentlessly hone her locrosse skills. She has spent and still spends ridiculus amounts of time training and developing way beyond everyone else. Yes her playing tournament games for yjs helped her, especially her visibilty, but you can't credit yellowjacket for the player she is either. There been thousands of yjs and believe me they don't all turn in players like smith. What makes her great is the drive from within, that was always there.