Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ's have created beasts of parents who have caused an uproar in our town by demanding their 7th and 8th grader play varsity so they could keep up with some of their YJ teammates with bragging rights. And Cr is relentless in her promotion that's why the committed page on the home page goes all the way down to 9th graders. I don't agree with it but if you read this board there are many wackadoo parents that have bought into her model 100%.

So a 9th grader gets a partial athletic offer to a $55k school without fully understanding the academic portion of the package because she hasn't taken any HS classes yet?? What's the rush to commit? Things change over 4 years of HS trust me And how does your 8th or 9th grader know what they want to take as a major? What if she changes her mind after taking some electives in HS and then realizes forensics isn't a major at her committed lacrosse school? TAke a breath

Yj created nothing but a platform and a great place to excel. These Beast parents are who they are regardless of what club. And as far as early recruiting and not knowing what they want to major in, how many college kids change their majors regardless of sports. You don't need to declare a major until your sophomore year of college. Find a great school and I'm sure whatever the child decides to major in will be available unless it's specialized. There are pros and cons to early recruiting but until college coaches stop making offers it's not going to stop. The 2018 that just committed is a goalie, even less spots for them on a roster So I can see how committing early can benefit the athlete. No one will ever agree a hundred percent-it's a personal family choice-not a club's decision.