Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent who has no idea about the costs of travel lacrosse, How much does a season of lacrosse with the Yellow Jackets cost? Also..where are tryouts and practices held for the most part? Any help would be appreciated..

tryouts last year were in Northport, the previous few years were in Sayville. Official practices have been at the Suffolk PAL fields off of exit 62 LIE. They used to be at Brentwood. Some teams have extra practices which could be anywhere on the island.
Cost: $50 tryout; $650 membership; 5 tournaments about $750; 5 or 6 nights in a hotel
about $850; so total of $2500 not including meals, ribbons, tshirts, shorts, fall tournaments or winter leagues.

This is the cost for the blue team. Lower teams that have less tournaments dont have costs this high. The flip side, no one cares about them!
how inconsiderate of you to say no one cares about the lower teams!!!! You need to grow up! There are several lower teams where the girls actually prefer to stay and play bc they don't have to deal with the added pressure of preforming or sitting the bench...color is not what it used to be in YJ bc there are several green teams who are stronger then gold and a few reds in the past that were stronger then green. So to make that statement is wrong. Coach Rose cares about EVERY girl in her program. As far as tournaments I can attest only at my age level we played same amount and same tourneys as blue.

I know about 2 gilrs who can contradict your entire post.

BOTC Moderators Note : Name the players in an e-mail to cagesage@backofthecage.com. Until we hear from you, this will be the last posting we allow on this subject from you.